This weekend was kind of a whirl-wind for me! I’ll sum it up in bullet form…
- Nick and I stayed up until 2 a.m. on Friday night/Saturday morning to try and finish packing… note to future self: PACK IN ADVANCE, dumbass. (also, I’ve started saying that alot and Nick’s calling me Red Forman.)
- Because I couldn’t stay up any longer, I ended up waking up at 5:30 a.m. to finish. I got 3.5 hours of sleep. Ewwwww.
- The movers got there at 7 a.m. and immediately started loading up the truck. Holy crap, you should have seen the way they whipped our 400 lb. couch up on their shoulders and down the stairs without breaking a sweat. Uh-mazing.
- Nick left with the movers to go up to the new apartment while I stayed back and cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned some more. At one point I think I may have fallen asleep on the floor while I was cleaning up carpet stains….
- I didn’t turn in our keys and head north until 4 p.m. Yes, you read that right. I was going full force for almost 12 hours. I felt like I was in boot camp. It. was. AWFUL.
- Not only did it take half a day to finish moving/cleaning, but I also got to drive 40 minutes north with no air conditioning in my car. Yay me.
- But I FINALLYYYY made it to our apartment in Spring! For my friends who aren’t familiar with H-town, Spring is a suburb of Houston (correct me if I’m wrong, Houstonians) and about 20-25 minutes north of the main downtown area.
(Please forgive me for the awful quality of these pictures. I took them with my phone once I got our keys on Friday.)
Once we get all of the boxes put away I’ll take some better photos! I’ll also be asking for some interior design advice….
On an unrelated note, a close friend of mine Elise started a blog and I’d love for you guys to check it out! You can find her here at The Jersey Flower.
And on a more serious note, I’ve decided to not do ad swaps for July. With everything being so crazy with the move and work, I’m going to have to take a month off. Thank you to everyone who volunteered to swap for July. I hope you’ll be willing to come back for August! I’ll still be doing my big birthday giveaway so I hope you’ll join me for that! Just email me if you’re interested at observanturtle.blog at gmail dot com.
I’ll be back tomorrow for Top 5 Tuesday! (and I cannot wait for this week’s topic!)