Tonight is going to be one of the saddest days in television. For me, anyways.
In case you’re not “in the know,” the series finale of The Office is tonight. I’ve been watching The Office regularly since about 2008. I own every season on DVD. I’ve cried more times watching that show than any other movie/tv show combined. (I may have cried more watching Pam and Jim’s wedding than I did at my own. Sue me. [“No, don’t sue me.“])
I just wanted to share with you all some of my favorite parts of the show. If you’ve never watched it before… just do it. Don’t ask questions. Just do it.
Here are just a few lessons I’ve learned over the years from The Office:
- If a baby were president, there would be no taxes, there would be no war.
- If you order the most expensive thing on the menu, you’ll have to put out
- Chili’s is the new golf course. It’s where business happens.
- HARDCORE PARKOUR.
- Everyone loves ice cream cakes
- Women are like wolves. If you want a wolf, you have to trap it. Snare it. Then to keep it happy, you have to tame it. Feed it, care for it. Lovingly. The way an animal deserves to be loved.
- When the son of the deposed King of Nigeria e-mails you directly asking for help, you help.
- We’re all homos. Homo sapiens.
- The worst part about prison is the dementors.
- If you don’t watch Battlestar Galactica then you’re an idiot. (Duh.)
- That catchy TV jingle goes… “Break me off a piece of that Fancy Feast!”
- Engaged isn’t married.
And most of all: That’s what she said.
Funny story? “Forever” by Chris Brown was the first song played at our wedding reception.
Why? Because it was Pam and Jim’s “wedding song.”
See that? Same dress. Also, Emily Giffin (yes, the author) told my husband that he had a “John Krasinski thing going on. Awesome? Yes.
So tonight, I’ll be sitting on the couch with Jim Nick and saying goodbye to Dwight, Jim, Pam, Andy, Oscar, Kevin, Angela, Phyllis, Stanley, Creed, Meredith, Erin, Plop, Clark, Nelly, and all of those who have come and gone, especially Michael Scott. Thanks for eight awesome years!
Do you have a tv show that you absolutely love?