Today’s prompt for the Blog Everyday in September challenge is to choose your favorite season and talk about why it is your favorite. I’ve been staring at the screen for at least thirty minutes now, trying to come up with another topic, because my answer is and has always been autumn. But I feel like it’s such a “basic white girl” answer. Can I pull a hipster card and say that fall was my favorite before it was popular on Pinterest? I mean, really, whose favorite season ISN’T fall? (Honestly, I want to know. If it’s not, please leave a comment and tell me because I feel like 99.9% of the entire country chooses fall as their favorite.) For me, there are so many reasons that fall is my favorite season.
– Obviously the clothing can’t be beat. I’d much rather wear leggings, boots and an oversized sweater over anything else, any day of the week.
– Growing up we had a standing tradition to always have a
picnic at the local apple farm. We’d go on a hay ride, check out the
animals at the farm, do the corn maze, and pick apples and pumpkins. It
was such a great tradition to have with my family!
– Football season is something that I’ve come to anticipate, enjoy, and miss all throughout the year. I’m not sure what happened to turn me into such a fan! In high school, we’d hang out at the games on Friday nights and not really pay attention to the game. (We won almost every game, so it was never really a surprise!) But now, Nick and I enjoy watching college and NFL games. I even watched the NFL draft this year. Who am I??
– Halloween is my favorite holiday, and it obviously takes place in fall. I’ve always been interested in the supernatural, even though scary movies terrify me. But I think the reason I love it the most is that it kind of kicks off the holiday season!
– Another given: the weather. Even though in Texas it won’t really cool down until mid-October, there’s a definite shift in the weather from the 100+ degree heat index days that we experience in August and September.
– Even though my college didn’t have a football team, we had a Homecoming basketball game each fall. My sorority hosted an alumnae brunch followed by a tailgating picnic afterwards, and this is hands down one of my favorite things I did in college. The chill in the air, the music playing, walking from tent to tent…
|Looking back at my red hair in these pictures is making me itch to dye it again!|
What is your favorite season? (It’s okay if you pick fall too. It’s too good not to like.) Link up with us!