I find myself reading dozens of blogs each day, and have no idea how to really get mine started up.
So, in the hopes of really finding my niche, I have perused my favorite bloggers’ first couple of posts to get an idea of how they got started.
I hope that Ashley at Everyday AEM doesn’t mind me borrowing something that she did on her blog a few months ago. It’s called the 10 Days of You, and I hope it will get me posting more often (because really, what else do I have to do now that I’m done with college?).
Starting off with ten secrets….
10. I have an extremely bad habit of biting my nails. I do it when I’m bored or stressed, but either way I bite them down to little nubs. It’s so disgusting and unattractive (thanks Hubby for pointing that out…) but I just can’t seem to kick the habit.
9. I slept with a stuffed animal until I went to college. His name is Mr. Ducky, and I still have him to this day. It was an Easter gift from my mom and dad when I was three. I hope to keep him around so that my kids can sleep with him too.
8. Whenever I start watching a show from the beginning, I won’t be able to do anything else (easily, at least) until I finish the show. Right now, I have been watching How I Met Your Mother since December 3rd and I’m on episode 13 of season five. And that was during exams.
7. I’m perfectly okay with getting a B. I’m going to graduate college on Saturday with a solid 3.0 GPA, and you know what? I’m perfectly fine with that. I was also the vice president of my sorority, president of a campus political organization, the communications director of a statewide political organization, and had a part time job for the majority of my college years.
6. December 23rd will be my 5-month wedding anniversary. Out of those 5 months, I’ve only lived with my husband for about a month. He moved to Houston a month after our wedding for graduate school. People tell me that they have no idea how they could do it, and at first, I thought the same thing. It’s actually been much easier than I thought it’d be, but I cannot wait to see him on Thursday.
5. I am addicted to Twitter. Facebook, sure, it’s okay. Pinterest, I definitely see the appeal. But there is just something about Twitter that I cannot explain. I tweet probably twice per hour (sorry followers!).
4. I’m a bit of a grammar nazi. Okay, that’s a lie: I am a HUGE grammar nazi. Not so much capitalization (most of the time I write in all lower-case anyway), but I cannot stand misspelled words or ungrammatical sentences. It drives me nuts.
3. I am 100% head over heels completely in love with my cat, Susie. Nick and I have had her for a year and three months and she lights up my life every single day. I treat her like my child.
2. I have friends that I have met online that live all around the globe, and I feel extremely close to them even though we have never met. I’m 22 now, and I’ve known them since I was 14 years old. We have been there for each other for almost ten years and I wouldn’t know what I would do if I didn’t have the amazing insight into their lives that I get to read about.
1. I am absolutely terrified that I am not going to be able to live a normal life when I move to Houston. After Christmas, Nick and I are loading up my little Civic and driving out to our new life together (he’s been living there since August). I am so scared that I am not going to be able to find a job, or friends to hang out with. That’s why I’m starting this blog. I hope that it will allow me to have an outlet to girlishness when needed.
Do y’all share any of these secrets?