I’m just a whole jar of thoughts recently, so I thought linking up with April & Co. for Five for Friday was the best way to go today!
1. A few friends on Facebook shared this Thought Catalog “article” (similar to Buzzfeed) and I had to share it with you all. It’s basically my childhood/adolescence in one place. My favorites include S Club 7, 5ive, M2M, B*Witched, and A*Teens. (Seems like there’s a European trend to those favorites, eh?) I spent all night listening to these videos while making banana bread and reading blogs, which I’m severely behind on.
2. I don’t know what it is, but the internet seems to bring out the meanest of the mean. If you’re a fan of the show How I Met Your Mother, you may know about the controversy that spawned due to Monday night’s episode. Co-creator Carter Bays tweeted an apology on Wednesday about the episode, to which I responded, saying that I didn’t believe he had anything to apologize for. Apparently someone found my response offensive and called me the worst (in my opinion) word you can call a woman and a few other choice words as well. I was pretty shaken up, and still am. I don’t understand how some people are so hateful over the internet. I’m not sure where they learned that, but wow. I thought I couldn’t be surprised anymore, but I was wrong.
3. On to a happier topic: Nick and I purchased a new bedroom set on Sunday and I am absolutely thrilled! It’s set to be delivered on Jan. 25 and I cannot wait. It will be the first set of furniture that we’ve purchased as a couple, so it’s super exciting.
4. The same day that our furniture is set to deliver, we also have our first Houston Blogger Social Club meetup of the year! If you’re interested, shoot me an email and I’ll send you the details. The more, the merrier! We always have such a fun time.
5. Betsy mentioned finally feeling at home in her apartment in her vlog on Sunday, and it got me thinking… I’m really feeling at home in my apartment as well! We’ve lived here for a little over a year and a half now and we’re expecting guests in both February and May of this year. It will really force me to have things organized and in tip top shape. We’ve come such a long way since we moved here in June 2012. I plan on having a post in the next few weeks about the progress we’ve made!
What’s on your mind today?