Happy New Year from Whitney & Nick!
Of course with it being New Years Eve, we're all sharing our resolutions and goals for the new year. There are so many things that I want to improve on in 2013, but mostly I'd like to focus on my health. Nick and I are both pretty unhappy with the way that we look and feel, so we are trying to set goals to improve that.
1. Run a 5K. I know that running is something that I have not enjoyed doing in the past, but setting a definite goal will inspire me to really train. I don't want to fall down in the middle of a race! A few Houston bloggers have decided to do a race in February and thankfully it's a fun run. Still it's a great kick in the butt to get started.
2. Cut out soda. Even though I am a Coca-Cola addict, I've really got to cut out those sugary drinks. Thankfully I already drink a large amount of water, so this shouldn't be too difficult. In theory.
3. Work out at least three times a week for an hour. Three times a week may seem low to those of you that work out every day, but going from never working out to working out every day may be a little unrealistic. I think getting off my butt for that amount of time will definitely help.
4. Replace junk snacks with healthy snacks. I'm very much a snacker. I love popcorn, cookies, chips, and cheese. I've got to work on making healthy decisions on my food! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
1. Stick to a budget. Without going into too many details, Nick and I are reeeeeally bad about not cooking at home and eating out instead. We spend way more than we should and we really need to control that!
1. Post at least three times a week. Self explanatory. I want to have great content that you guys and gals want to read and keep you coming back regularly!
2. Begin sponsoring at least one blog a month. I would love to begin investing my money to grow my blog and support other bloggers.
3. Attend a blogging conference. Even though I don't know if I'll be able to attend Blissdom in March (which would be perfect since it's in Dallas!) I'd like to at least have plans to attend one in 2013 or at the beginning of 2014.
Do you share any of these goals for 2013?
What are you resolutions for the new year?