I was super excited to link up with Sar for this 15 Day Challenge… but I failed yesterday! I was so busy and didn’t have a moment to do so. (I’ll tell y’all why later!) So because of that, today I’m doing Day 1 of the link up even though its technically Day 2.
Whoops! Hope you don’t mind Sar!!
[Day 1:] List fifteen fun facts about yourself.
1. I love to sing. I don’t really do it around other people, but when I’m alone I belt as loud as I can. Mostly in the car or while doing chores alone in the house! When it comes to karaoke though, I don’t have the guts for it! In the same vein, I LOVE to dance. Not so much “up-in-the-club” dancing, but choreographed routines? Love it.
2. I wore glasses from the time I was 7 years old to 16 years old.
(I’m the one in the red polka dot dress, Cinderella dress, older one in the birthday hat)
3. The only time I’ve been out of the country was when I was 17 years old. My best friend, her family, and I all took a trip to British Columbia. It was one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful, place I’ve ever seen. I’d love to move to the Pacific Northwest.
4. I was a “MySpace” girl. I was obsessed with the site and met people from the site. I realize now how dumb it was. It was obsessed with the number of friends that I had on the site and yes, I took THOSE pictures….
5. I’ve saw all but the first two Harry Potter movies at midnight and attended the midnight releases for the 5th, 6th, and 7th books… I may have dressed up for these….
(yes, this was last year. don’t hate.)
6. When Nick and I first moved in together, I couldn’t cook well at all. Only after we moved to Texas did I start trying new recipes and actually succeeding. I have to admit… Pinterest REALLY helped!
7. I really like to watch Nick play certain video games. I call it “shoulder-playing.” But I even like to play them sometimes!
8. One of the things on my bucket list is to attend a “con” aka nerdfest. I’ve been dying to go to DragonCon in Atlanta for the past three years. Last year, I asked a friend to try to get an autograph for me… it ended up resulting in a phone call from this guy. UH WHAT. I BAWLED MY EYES OUT. Not even gonna lie.
9. Anabelle is the first dog that I’ve ever had. My parents were always cat people, but I always wanted a dog. I’m so glad that we were able to save her!
10. Everyone in South Carolina seems to be really die hard Clemson or USC fans. I actually like both.
11. Even though I love to read and I do it fairly quickly, I take a while to read books and often have month-long breaks before I pick it up again. I’ve been reading Bright Lights, Big Ass since March even though I love it! (speaking of which, does anyone have any book recommendations?!)
12. Back in the early 2000’s, there was a community on AOL that produced things called “zines.” These were somewhat similar to blogs, but done entirely through mass email lists and used HTML/Photoshop. I wonder if anyone here knows about these? I still talk to people that were involved with them!
13. I’m absolutely terrified of roller coasters. I didn’t ride my first “upside down” coaster until I was 12 and have only ridden them twice since.
14. I love to sleep. If I don’t get at least 8 hours of sleep at night, I’m not a happy camper the next day!
15. I had the weirdest assortment of favorite movies. My Fair Lady, Harry Potter, Bend It Like Beckham, School of Rock, Love Actually, Lord of the Rings… I think I just really like British people? haha.
Do we have anything in common? What are some random facts about you?